Harper WildeTM Terms of Service
Last Updated June 20, 2017
Welcome to Harper Wilde!
Thanks for using the Harper Wilde services (including its website, and mobile and web-based applications, and any other tools, products, or services provided by Harper Wilde LLC that link to or reference these Terms) (collectively, the “Services”). The Services are provided by Harper Wilde LLC (“Harper Wilde”, “we,” “our,” or “us”), located at 5792 W. Jefferson Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90016, U.S.A.
By using our Services, you are agreeing to these Terms of Service (“Terms”). Please read them carefully. Our Services are very diverse, so sometimes additional terms or product requirements (including age requirements) may apply. If additional terms or conditions are available with or applicable to the relevant Services, then those additional terms become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services. By accessing or using the Services, you intend and agree to be legally bound by these Terms. You may wish to print or save a local copy of the Terms for your records.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE LIMIT OUR LIABILITY AND THAT YOU ARE RELEASING US FROM VARIOUS CLAIMS IN SECTION 7 BELOW. THESE TERMS ALSO CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION IN SECTION 12 THAT AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES.
1. Using our Services
You must follow any policies made available to you within the Services, including our returns and cancellations policy here.
Don’t misuse our Services. For example, don’t interfere with our Services, try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide, or extensively or automatically copy any content from the Services (in other words, no scraping). You may use our Services only for your personal non-commercial use, and as permitted by law, including applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations. We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies, if we are investigating suspected misconduct, or for any other reason.
Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access through them (“Content”). You may not use content from our Services, except as permitted by its owner or as otherwise permitted by law. These Terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our Services, including the Harper Wilde name and logo. Don’t remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services.
Our Services display some Content that is not our own, for example, Content belonging to our advertisers, other third parties, you, or other users (collectively, “Third Party Content”). We are not responsible for, and you waive all of our liability with respect to, Third Party Content. Third Party Content is the sole responsibility of the individual or entity that makes it available to you via the Services. We may review Third Party Content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies, and we may remove or refuse to display Third Party Content that we believe violates our policies or the law. But we do not generally review content beforehand, and we are not obligated to do so.
In connection with your use of the Services, we may send you service announcements, administrative messages, and other information. You may opt out of some of those communications, for example, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in marketing e-mails. Please be aware that there may be a brief period before we are able to process your opt-out.
Some of our Services are available on mobile devices, which may cause you to incur data charges with your wireless provider. Please be aware that we have no control over these charges, and if you do not wish to be charged, you should stop using the mobile features.
2. Your Harper Wilde Account
You may need an account in order to use the Services. If you create your own account, you agree that all registration information you give us will be accurate and current. You will timely notify us of any changes to any of the foregoing information. You are responsible for controlling access to any PCs, mobile devices, or other end points that you allow to store your Services password, or on which you enable a "Remember Me" or similar functionality ("Activated Device"). Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Services accounts, including the activities of any individual with whom you share your Services account or an Activated Device.
To protect your account, keep your password confidential. You are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your account. If you learn of any unauthorized use of your password, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree to pay all amounts owed to us for the products that you purchase through the Services, in accordance with any payment-related terms, policies or other written or electronic agreement we notify you of through the Services or the purchase process. We may require you to maintain valid credit card or other payment account information with us in order to purchase products through the Services, and if so, you hereby authorize us to charge your credit card or other payment account for any purchases you make through the Services. Any failure to maintain valid, up-to-date payment information with us or to keep your payments current will constitute a material breach of these terms, for which we may suspend or terminate your access to the Services immediately without notice. Interest will be charged on all unpaid delinquent amounts at the rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate permitted by applicable law, whichever is lesser. You agree to reimburse us for all collection agency fees, attorneys’ fees and other costs we may incur to collect delinquent amounts you owe to us.
4. Privacy and Feedback
If you submit feedback or suggestions about our Services, you agree that we may use your feedback or suggestions without obligation to you.
5. About Software in our Services
You may be required to download software (such as a mobile or desktop app) to use the Services or certain features of the Services, and the Services may enable you to access software running on our (or our vendors’) servers (collectively, “Software”). You agree that we retain the ownership of all rights, title, and interest in and to the Software. Certain Software may update automatically on your device once a new version or feature is available, and you consent to such automatic updating.
Harper Wilde gives you a personal, non-commercial, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, and non-exclusive license to use the Software to access the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by us, in the manner permitted by these Terms. You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services or Software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of the Services or Software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission.
There may be software programs contained within certain Software that have been licensed to us by third parties. The term "Software" as used herein shall refer to this third-party software except where the term “Software” is used in the context of our ownership. The same terms and conditions, including all limitations and restrictions, set forth in these Terms apply to each third-party software program contained in the Software. You acknowledge and agree that any third-party components are owned by their applicable licensors. We do not make any representations or warranties about the operation or availability of such third-party software. Neither we, nor our licensors, shall be liable for any unavailability or removal of such third-party software. We are not responsible for any communications to or from such licensors, or for the collection or use of information by such licensors. You consent to the communications enabled and/or performed by such third-party software, including automatic updating of the third-party software without further notice. You agree that such third-party software licensors are intended third-party beneficiaries under these Terms.
6. Modifying and Terminating our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether, at any time, without any notice or liability.
You can stop using our Services at any time, although we’ll be sorry to see you go. We may also stop providing Services to you, or add or create new limits to our Services, at any time.
Sections 6 – 12 will survive termination or expiration of these Terms indefinitely.
7. Our Warranties and Disclaimers
OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS, NEITHER HARPER WILDE NOR ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE ALSO DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR COMMITMENT RELATING TO NON-INFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, OR ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED OPERATIONS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS-IS.”
SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES.
YOU AND YOUR HEIRS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS HEREBY FOREVER IRREVOCABLY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS US, OUR AFFILIATES, AND OUR AND THEIR SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, AND ITS AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM, AND AGREE NOT TO SUE ANY RELEASED PARTY FOR, ANY LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, OBLIGATIONS, SUITS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, EXPENSES, AND DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (COLLECTIVELY, “LIABILITIES”) THAT YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST ANY RELEASED PARTY WHETHER EXISTING NOW OR IN THE FUTURE, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR OR A THIRD PARTY’S CONDUCT RELATED TO USE OF THE SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE FOREGOING SENTENCE RELEASES AND DISCHARGES ALL LIABILITIES, WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE CURRENTLY KNOWN TO YOU, AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542.
8. Liability for our Services
WHEN PERMITTED BY LAW, HARPER WILDE (AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) AND OUR LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF HARPER WILDE (AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) AND OUR LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, AND DISTRIBUTORS, FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLY YOU THE SERVICES AGAIN).
IN ALL CASES RELATING TO PROVIDING YOU THE SERVICES, HARPER WILDE (AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) AND ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE OR THAT IS DUE TO EVENTS OUTSIDE OF OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, SUCH AS WARS, CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES, STORMS, NATURAL DISASTERS, ACTS OF GOVERNMENT, SUPPLY INTERRUPTIONS, OR TELECOMMUNICATION OR INTERNET FAILURES.
9. Business/Employer Uses of our Services
If you are using our Services on behalf of a business or employer, you are accepting these Terms on their behalf, and that business or employer agrees to be bound by these Terms.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Harper Wilde, its affiliated companies, and its and their predecessors, successors, and assigns, and its and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and contractors from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees), resulting from or arising out of your actual or alleged breach of these Terms, any content you provide through the Services, or your use or misuse of the Services. However, you will not be responsible for claims, damages, and costs which are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to have arisen solely from our wrongful acts or omissions.
11. About these Terms
We may modify these Terms or any additional terms that apply to a Service for any reason, for example, to reflect changes to the law or changes to our Services. You should look at the Terms regularly and the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of these Terms. We’ll use reasonable efforts to give you notice of these modifications, such as posting notice of modifications to these Terms on this web page, through the Services, or via email. By continuing to use the Services after we make these modifications, you agree that you will be subject to the modified Terms. If you do not agree to the modified terms for a Service, you should discontinue your use of that Service.
If there is a conflict between these Terms and any additional terms for a Service, the additional terms will control for that conflict.
These Terms control the relationship between Harper Wilde and you. They do not create any third-party beneficiary rights. If you do not comply with these Terms, and we don’t take action right away, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future). If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms.
The laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, excluding Pennsylvania’s conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services.
You may not assign or delegate your rights or obligations relating to these terms or your account for the Services without our prior written consent. We may assign these terms or assign or delegate any of our rights or obligations at any time.
For information about how to contact Harper Wilde, please visit our contact page.
- Binding Arbitration
Without limiting your waiver in Section 9, you agree to the following:
- Purpose. Any and all Disputes (as defined below) involving you and Harper Wilde will be resolved through individual arbitration. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and there is less discovery and appellate review than in court. This Section 12 (the "Arbitration Provision") shall be broadly interpreted. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms, this Section 12 does not apply to an action by either party to enjoin the infringement or misuse of its intellectual property rights, including copyright, trademark, patent or trade secret rights.
- Definitions. The term "Dispute" means any claim or controversy related to the Services or the Software, including but not limited to any and all: (1) claims for relief and theories of liability, whether based in contract, tort, fraud, negligence, statute, regulation, ordinance, or otherwise; (2) claims that arose before these Terms or any prior agreement; (3) claims that arise after the expiration or termination of these Terms; and (4) claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class. As used in this Arbitration Provision, "Harper Wilde" means Harper Wilde and any of its predecessors, successors, assigns, parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, and “you” means you and any users or beneficiaries of your access to the Services or the Software.
- Initiation of Arbitration Proceeding/Selection of Arbitrator. The party initiating the arbitration proceeding may open a case with JAMS, formerly Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc., (“JAMS”) by visiting its website (www.jamsadr.com) or calling its toll-free number (1-800-352-5267). You may deliver any required or desired notice to Harper Wilde by mail to 420 S. 20th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19146.
- Right to Sue in Small Claims Court. Notwithstanding anything in this Arbitration Provision to the contrary, either you or Harper Wilde may bring an individual action in a small claims court in the area where you access the Services if the claim is not aggregated with the claim of any other person and if the amount in controversy is properly within the jurisdiction of the small claims court.
- Arbitration Procedures. This Arbitration Provision shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Arbitrations shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (the “JAMS Rules”) as modified by the version of this Arbitration Provision that is in effect when you notify Harper Wilde about your Dispute. You can obtain the JAMS Rules from the JAMS by visiting its website (www.jamsadr.com) or calling its toll-free number (1-800-352-5267). If there is a conflict between this Arbitration Provision and the rest of these Terms, this Arbitration Provision shall govern. If there is a conflict between this Arbitration Provision and the JAMS rules, this Arbitration Provision shall govern. If JAMS will not administer a proceeding under this Arbitration Provision as written, the parties shall agree on a substitute arbitration organization. If the parties cannot agree, the parties shall mutually petition a court of appropriate jurisdiction to appoint an arbitration organization that will administer a proceeding under this Arbitration Provision as written applying the JAMS Rules. A single arbitrator will resolve the Dispute. Unless you and Harper Wilde agree otherwise, any arbitration hearing will take place in Philadelphia, PA. The arbitrator will honor claims of privilege recognized by law and will take reasonable steps to protect customer account information and other confidential or proprietary information. The arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision that explains the arbitrator’s essential findings and conclusions. The arbitrator’s award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties only if necessary for purposes of enforcing the arbitrator’s award. An arbitrator’s award that has been fully satisfied shall not be entered in any court.
- Waiver of Class Actions and Collective Relief. THERE SHALL BE NO RIGHT OR AUTHORITY FOR ANY CLAIMS TO BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON A CLASS ACTION, JOINT OR CONSOLIDATED BASIS OR ON BASES INVOLVING CLAIMS BROUGHT IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC (SUCH AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL), OTHER SUBSCRIBERS, OR OTHER PERSONS. THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF WARRANTED BY THAT INDIVIDUAL PARTY’S CLAIM. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING.
- Arbitration Fees and Costs. If your claim seeks more than $75,000 in the aggregate, the payment of the JAMS’s fees and costs will be governed by the JAMS Rules. If your claims seek less than $75,000 in the aggregate, the payment of the JAMS’s fees and costs will be Harper Wilde’s responsibility. However, if the arbitrator finds that your Dispute was frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), the payment of the JAMS’s fees and costs shall be governed by the JAMS Rules and you shall reimburse Harper Wilde for all fees and costs that were your obligation to pay under the JAMS Rules. You may hire an attorney to represent you in arbitration. You are responsible for your attorneys’ fees and additional costs and may only recover your attorneys’ fees and costs in the arbitration to the extent that you could in court if the arbitration is decided in your favor. Notwithstanding anything in this Arbitration Provision to the contrary, Harper Wilde will pay all fees and costs that it is required by law to pay.
- Severability and Waiver of Jury Trial. If any part of subsection (f) of this Arbitration Provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, the entire Arbitration provision will be unenforceable and the Dispute will be decided by a court. WHETHER IN COURT OR IN ARBITRATION, YOU AND Harper Wilde AGREE TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW. If any other clause in this Arbitration Provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Arbitration Provision and the remainder of this Arbitration Provision will be given full force and effect.
- Continuation. This Arbitration Provision will survive the termination or expiration of these Terms.